Halloween Short Films

 As anyone who has read my blog or the blog at BloodyWhisper.com, I am a big fan of short films. I marvel at the talent that goes into telling a story in less time than it takes you to pour milk on your cereal. Halloween is one of the best subjects for films, short or feature. 

Here are some of my favorite short films with a Halloween theme. I will be providing the link, so you can watch them as well. I will steer clear of spoilers.

I'm going to start and finish in the same place, with Canadian director Marc Roussel. In 2006, he gives the viewer a tale of "Sweet Tooth", a man who has issues with Halloween.



Animation always tops my list of qualifications for a viewing. Mike Inel's "Missing Halloween" (2015) is the touching story of a lonely boy, who finds friendship on Halloween. 



Humor is always a help. In Adam Green's "Monster Problems" (2015), three monsters want to eat a boy who is going to bed after Trick-or-Treating. Arguments ensue, as does hilarity!



Miguel Ortega's tale of "The Green Ruby Pumpkin" (2012) shows a witch who rewards those who have the Halloween spirit with wonderful treats from her magical pumpkin. The film is beautiful in its vision, but is also a cautionary tale.




Aaron Yonda in 2007, gives us "The Life and Death of a Pumpkin", a chilling tale of vegetable horror not often found in the cinema.



To end this, we return to Marc Roussel, with his award-winning film "The Last Halloween". Four children Trick-or-Treat in a world falling apart. A magnificent story.


So, take some time. Click on the photos. Enjoy the films. See Halloween in ways that will amaze and even frighten you. 


Happy Halloween. 



 

5 comments:

  1. All of these shorts look fascinating, Ernie! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to dig in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barry! Hope you enjoy them! It's about time I got back into short films and shared my love with everyone.

      Delete
    2. I have not seen any of these short films, Ernie.

      Now I have something to enjoy this weekend! 👍

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I hope you enjoy them, John!! Take care!

      Delete